Administrative Assistant Job Opening
St. John Lutheran Church – Burns, Tennessee
Church Office Administrative Assistant
General Job Description
Responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities of the St. John Lutheran Church office.
Qualifications for Position
Adequate keyboarding skills; computer literacy; proficient and experience of current software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint and Google); ability to proofread documents, knowledge and experience with telephone systems, copy/printing machines, and other related office equipment; good communication/interpersonal skills; and ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ with a strong desire to mature as a believer.
- Active member of a local Christian congregation preferred; supportive of the message and mission of the church
- Strong commitment to provide positive, Christ-like service to others (servant’s heart.
- A self-starter (work with little direction, ability to take initiative, flexible)
- Ability to work with people on all levels; personable, friendly, courteous
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions; willingness to learn
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills required
- Detail oriented, with attention to accuracy and consistency
- Make sound decisions and solve problems
- High school graduate or equivalent
Requirements of the Position
- Conduct all business in a Christian manner, exhibiting an appropriate first impression to both members and visitors.
- Answer and process all telephone calls and messages
- Greet and assist, as necessary, all visitors to church office
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail/e-mail
- Prepare correspondence and miscellaneous documents, as directed by the Pastor.
- Supervise use of office equipment
- Order church/office supplies
- Prepare and update information/worship materials (i.e. bulletin, newsletter, website, video projections, announcements, schedules)
- Maintain up-to-date filling system
- Maintain heating and air condition online scheduling.
- Assist church treasurer in the bill gathering process
- Prepare annual reports to the District and Synod
- Organize and schedule volunteer responsibilities (Lectors, Greeters, Acolytes)
- Assist advertising and marketing special services or events (Christmas, Easter) under direction of Pastor
- Prepare transfer letters and worship documents for baptism, weddings, funerals, and special services
- Process bulk mailings
- Maintain schedule of facility use
- Manage petty cash account
- Provide secretarial support to all church staff, boards, and officers as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor
Directly responsible to the Pastor
Term of position
Part-Time (minimum of 12 hours/week) currently the pay is at $13.40 per/hr.
If interest in this position, please hit the link below to take you to the application.